Most people have been facing difficulties in upgrading their blackberry bold 9700 smartphone to OS 6. This can be due to some error in the installation of your current OS. In this tutorial, I will teach you how to clean wipe your current OS and do a fresh installation of the OS 6 on your blackberry Bold 9700.
Warning: This process is very dangerous and might even render your device useless if not done in the right manner. So Proceed with caution.
Downloading & Installing Blackberry OS 6 On Your Computer
- To download the OS 6, Proceed To this Page. On the page, click on your service provider’s link.
- When you click on the link, you will be taken to a page where you need to select your smartphone. In that page, select Blackberry bold 9700 and click on next.
- Click On Download Software Under “BlackBerry Handheld Software v184.108.40.2065 (Multilanguage)”
- Then in the next page, fill in your details and click on next.
- In the following page, agree to the terms and conditions and click on next.
- In the next page, click on download.
- Now an installer (.exe) file will be downloaded.
- Once the download is complete, install the file. The process of installing the OS onto your computer is complete.
Wiping The Current OS From Blackberry 9700
Now that we have the OS we want to install. We are ready to wipe the current OS. The following are the steps to wipe the previous OS from BlackBerry bold 9700.
Note: You need to backup your data using the Blackberry desktop manager if you don’t want to loose data on your phone.
After you have backed up your phone, follow these steps:
- Connect your blackberry bold 9700 to your computer and the open BBSAK.
- In BBSAK, Click On wipe device.
- Continue through the wizard and complete the wiping process. After wiping, your device will restart and display a 507 ERROR. (IN THIS STAGE DO NOT DISCONNECT YOUR DEVICE).
- Now In BBSAK, Click ON Load OS.
- A window will now pop up in which you have to select the OS. From the drop-down list, click on “blackberry OS 6 for bold 9700″.
- Click Ok and follow the wizard and you are done!
The process of wiping your Blackberry bold 9700 and installing OS 6 is as simple as that. Now you may restore your backup and enjoy the new OS 6!