Skype is a very widely used video conferencing service. Many people are facing this problem of poor quality audio and video. Today I have a few tips, tricks and tweaks for you that can dramatically improve the quality of Skype video conferences. Before I move further, I would like to let you know that it is not possible to obtain the quality seen on Skype ads.
Use Headphones For Better Quality Audio
The best way to increase the audio quality is by using headphones. Headphones not only increase the quality of audio, but also it solves the problem of echoes during the conference. Don’t compromise on the quality of the headphones.
Tweaking The Camera Settings On Skype
This is a simple Skype Settings Tweak that can help improve the quality of video in Skype conferences. This feature is called low light compensation. This is the only setting I found on Skype that can really bring about a change in the quality of your video conference. Here is how you enable low light compensation:
* Open Skype, go to Tools >> Options.
* Under general settings click on, Video Settings.
* Click on webcam settings. Now, the Capture Properties window will open.
* Go to the Camera Control tab in this windows.
* In the Camera Control tab, Enable the low light compensation by checking the box.
That’s all you have successful enabled low light compensation on Skype.
Use Wired Internet connection instead of WiFi
Microwave, mobile network etc., can interfere with the radio waves of your WiFi connection reducing the quality of the Video Conference. It is always better to use the wired connection.
Tips For Setting Up Your Room For A Skype Video Conference
* Make sure that your room is well lit.
* It is always better to have a stationary background.
Other Tips For Better Skype Conference
* Avoid any downloads during the Skype conference.
* Try to reduce the number of applications running in the background.
These tricks and tweaks will increase Skype video conference quality. In case if you may have any doubts, send in your queries for which you will receive my prompt attention.